Pokemon Trainer Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Trainer Academy

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Pokemon! At this Pokemon Academy you will be taught to become a Pokemon Trainer, Breeder, Ranger, Watcher, or Researcher; and now Pokemon.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turning it up a notch

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-01
Trust : 0
AcademyCash : 1085131

Turning it up a notch Empty
PostSubject: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 am

Kai and Blaze were back at training for Extreme Pokemon, as their morning consisted of a sunrise run of about 2 miles, a quick breakfast at the cafeteria, and a bit of exercise before taking to the track that Tala had shown him and Blaze. The firedog seemed content to jog about the track, reminiscing about every nook and cranny that his Arcanine teacher had told him.

Kai on the other hand, was inspecting the layout of the track himself, pondering about the best lines through turns and how to put oneself and your pokemon in the fastest spots on the track. Of course he knew that he and Blaze had a little while before they could hit the track together as a team, but since this was one of the things that was on his mind, and Tala had hooked him, it was in his makeup to take a gaze and a ride around the tricky track.

Taking out the skateboard that Tala had let him use, He put it down at his feet and grabbed a few other pieces of gear from his backpack, including knee and elbow pads, racing gloves and a new full faced bmx helmet, which was plain white at the moment, something Kai planned to change very soon and placed the protective gear on his head, turning his head about slightly to get used to the feeling of it on. "Hey Blaze, wanna pace me around this place?" He asked, receiving an excited bark as the two slowly snaked around the wooded track, both rider and pokemon slightly thinking about what it would be like up against other talented riders as Blaze trotted and Kai slowly kicked off and rode about, feeling the terrain at this feet.

(helmet= Turning it up a notch Yhst-66501846900183_2177_91111999.gif)
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

Number of posts : 4448
Registration date : 2012-05-11
Trust : 3
AcademyCash : 2140735500

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:20 am

Tala watched through the tree tops. She was doing what she had watched her ninja cousin do many times to stay hidden. She followed Kai and Blaze as they went through the course she made sure they couldn't see her. Band held onto her shoulder as they went through the tree tops.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 am

Kai gazed at Blaze as the puppy pokemon confidently made his way around the course, and chuckled as the Growlithe seemed to mimic Stripes' movements, which impressed Kai more than anyone could know, seeing a little maturity from his partner pokemon. On the other hand, Kai was still working on his balance, as he could get up to speed and not be so nervous, but after almost falling and ultimately stumbling off his board on his own in one of the turns, he smacked the top of his helmet and relaxed to just feel out the course.

"Not going to do myself any good with a broken arm or something..." He muttered to himself, kicking off back to speed behind Blaze. Something seemed off however, as he had a weird feeling that someone was watching him, but he shook it off and continued to visualize racing around the place, a big grin hidden by his helmet.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 am

Tala grinned at his progress as she hopped from tree to tree like it was nothing. The course was memberable enough but she wondered how long until the duo would work as a team.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 am

Blaze barked out as he stopped and sniffed around, seeming to notice the same feeling Kai did about being watched, except he caught a familiar scent around but couldn't quite place it and glanced about furiously.

Kai however, was zoned out and memorizing the course and didn't notice Blaze until the last second and pulled off something he never thought he could ever do, which was he jumped the skateboard over Blaze and landed with perfect balance, eyes wide in shock and surprise as he skid the board to a stop. "Blaze, you crazy canine, Never do that again..." Kai growled, shaking his head as he looked about himself, noticing Blaze's behaviour.

"Someone out there?" He called out, kicking the board up into his arms.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 am

Tala went to jump to the next tree when she slipped and fell with a scream.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:31 am

Kai heard the scream and his eyes went wide in fear of her falling hard to the ground. "TALA!!" He cried out as he immediately threw the board to the ground and raced toward her at his top speed, eventually jumping from the board and sliding underneath where she was falling, trying to catch her or at least break the fall.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:35 am

Tala kept her eyes closed "Am I dead...?" she asked scared to to open her eyes.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 am

Kai just managed to get there at the very last moment, and instead of catching her, she landed right on top of the boy in his slide and he simply laid on his back, arms at his side, and blinking up at the sky as he was the one who felt pain as she knocked the breath out of him. "No, you're definitely not dead, I think I might be though..." He muttered, wincing slightly and giving a corny grin. "Its good to see you again Tala, but do you think you could get off now?"

"I definitely should have thought that one through..." Kai groaned.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Tala opened her eyes standing up immediately. "I'm so sorry Kai! How could I have been so stupid?! I'm so so sorry!" she apologised "How could I help, there must be something I could do!"
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:58 am

Kai sat up slowly and took a few deep breaths as Tala stood up. Gazing at her through the helmet, he smiled and shook his head as she continuously apologized and asked him how she could help, and in reply, a chuckle rang from the boy's throat. "Shh, shh...its fine!! I'm just glad you're not hurt, I'm fine..." He said, looking at her with a reassuring gaze. Blaze came over and gave the two a big lick as he was worried sick about what had just happened.

"You were being stealthy and missed a branch, everyone screws up once in a while, just like Blaze stopping in the middle of the track earlier, Here I was beginning to think everyone had finally just lost it..." Kai muttered.

"Just calm down, I'm fine, you're fine...don't sweat it." Kai said with a smile, standing up slowly and taking off his helmet to cool off.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 am

Tala gave a smile "Alright, tell you the truth that's the firest time I've ran through the trees ssince I was four! I'm defenetly no ninja that's for sure!" she giggled before stroking Blaze. "By the way, you two are almost ready to work together, after that jump you could pass as an experienced skater, and for that save you've got my grattitude!" she added.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:19 am

"It takes a lot of talent to do that, I sure as heck wouldn't even try to jump around up there, I like my feet on the ground." Kai said with a big grin. Taking a moment to oat Blaze and wipe the slobber from the canine pokemon from his cheek, Kai looked surprised when Tala mentioned that the two were close to being able to working together. "Wait, you really think so? That jump might have been a fluke, but I thought we had a while before we could work as a team on this..."

Blaze and Kai gazed at each other in amazement as they took in what Tala told them, before Kai turned back and grinned. "I'm just glad you weren't hurt, that probably won't be the first time I've gotta save someone from a tree or falling from one."
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am

Tala gave a giggle. "Thanks. By the way, jumps like that aren't flukes they're a sign of a natural born skater, I noticed it the first time you stepped on a board but I knew if I said something it might make you think you have to aim higher than you have to!" she said with a grin. "Any ways this will be your first race course, so you need to memorize it and Blaze will need to build up a little more strength!"
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 am

Kai gazed at Tala with a look of surprise, "Oh, well...thanks, I honestly didn't think I'd get the hang of that board so quickly, but its starting to grow on me I guess." He said with a small snicker. "Don't worry about me not learning this track, I'll have it memorized pretty quickly, and Blaze, I know he'll keep working hard, he wants to hit that track just as much as I do, probably even more in fact!"

"I'm not kidding, he woke me up this morning and usually its the other way around..." Kai said with a small grin. "I'm just not sure when we'll be ready, when the time is right and all that...obviously he needs to evolve but when...thats the question..." Kai said lowly as he watched Blaze sniff about, the firedog looking back to the race course.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 am

"When Stripes and I first hit the tract Stripes was in the same position as Blaze a young Growlithe. It not if your evolvedbor not it's if you have the determination and heart for it! It's your heart that counts!" Tala grinned. "Your doing amazing!" she grinned.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 am

Kai crossed his arms and nodded as Tala explained that she had been in the same spot before and pointed out that it wasn't always about evolution, but the determination and heart meant more. "I suppose you're right, its kind of like a saying in the racing world...Its not always the guy with the fastest car that wins, its the man that refuses to lose." He said with a grin.

"Thanks Tala, we're going to keep pushing, believe me..." Kai said with a smile. Hearing a crinkle of bags, Kai spotted Blaze digging through his backpack and dragging out 3 bags of cookies that Kai had packed. "Ohh...he's been bugging me to give you those." He said with a chuckle. "They're those one chocolatey cookies you told me about, he wants you to give the big bag to Ty and the other two to Stripes and whoever else wants them." Kai said with a grin, as Blaze set the bags at Tala's feet.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 am

"Daww that's so sweet!" Tala giggled petting Blaze. "Thanks Blaze why don't you give them to them in person?" she giggled letting out Stripes and Ty.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 am

Kai simply chuckled as Tala petted Blaze and shook his head as he watched the Growlithe's excitement at seeing Stripes and Ty before him. Needless to say, Blaze grabbed up the bags excitedly and placed the appropriate bags before the two. "There we go, Kai made them and I burnt them lightly boys!! Hope you like them!" Blaze said with a toothy grin as he sat before them.

"He has been whining like crazy to see those two Tala, you have no idea..." Kai said with a laugh as he moved to his backpack, grabbing his bottle of water and taking a small drink.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 am

"Pokemon usually find it easier to be with other Pokemon as well as their trainer, if you caught another Pokemon he might whine less because he'll have a new friend." Tala suggested. "Possible another fire type since he get on well with other fire types but you don't have to only catch fire types after all Pokemon vary!"
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:19 am

"Yeah, you may be right, but look at me, I'm a ranger, and I definitely do not have any pokeballs on me, I could capture one with my styler, but I would need a captivating reason to remove another pokemon from its habitat, thats my ranger side talking, or at least an article of information that I read..." Kai muttered.

"But it is something to think about I suppose..." He added, scratching his head as he watched Blaze along with Stripes and Ty.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:22 am

"My cousin has a few Pokemon she's trying to find good homes for, being bred and raised by people they dont have a natural habitat. If you like I'll ask her to send one for you?" she suggested.
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 am

Kai's eyebrow rose slightly as Tala suggested contacting her cousin to possibly receive a new pokemon. "Well, I can definitely promise a good home and I'd like to help with that if possible, so if you could, I'd be honored." He said with a grin. "That is if its not a pain or too much to ask." Kai replied.
Back to top Go down
who?
Official NPC
Official NPC

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:30 am

"Hmm there's a vulpix that she has that does everything she's told without being told twice, a sweet little one but she's a bit shy although very curious, would she do?"
Back to top Go down
peteypabs13
peteypabs13

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:36 am

"Vulpixes are very cool, I'm just hoping there wouldn't be a personality clash between the two, Blaze is normally friendly with other Pokemon, but I'm just wondering how he'll act with another in his "territory"." Kai said as he rubbed his head.

"She sounds nice though..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning it up a notch   Turning it up a notch Empty

Back to top Go down

Turning it up a notch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Trainer Academy :: Academy's Backyard :: Academy Forest-
Jump to: